Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When I forget what I love, I forget who I am

I make everything I do very personal. I try to connect with everyone I meet. I love people, I love diversity, I love learning, I love adventure, I love arts and culture, I love nature, I love life. But sometimes, I forget all of that. Those are the hardest times... Because when I forget what I love, I forget who I am. I lack purpose, direction, and strength.

One of the most important things in my life is to take time for myself --- time to think, time to pamper, time to listen to music, time to clean the room and time to do all the little things that can’t be ignored. I have to remind myself over and over again to take time for these things and that they are necessary for my well being. But why is it so hard to remember?

I thought maybe because it’s the fast pace around me...the fast pace of the world today. That is to say the general way that living has changed.

I often become so involved in my job, that I don’t do well on a personal level. While it is so important for me to do something I enjoy for a living, it is also important for me to enjoy how I live. Now I do a lot of forgetting. And it has become necessary to remember what’s so wonderful about my life and myself and work through daily happenings that challenge my self esteem and distract me from truly loving who I am. Yes, we are the basis of our own happiness, but how can we spread the joy if we lose ourselves in the day to day??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home